WHAT’S YOUR POINT?
Avoid 7 Top Communication Mistakes &
Sharpen Your Competitive Advantage
“Making mistakes is not the problem—in fact, it’s essential to progress. Consciously and unconsciously repeating the same mistakes over and over, without learning from these short-comings, is the real mistake.” — PJ Wade
Do you know what “my point” is and how to make it, that is, how to be understood, effectively, confidently, and consistently, in any situation, in any medium? If you don’t understand why a particular point is relevant to a prospect or client, you’ll make mistakes which may appear to the other party as disinterest, incompetence, or self-interest—eroding preciously-accumulated trust.
This dynamic session, based on PJ Wade’s research and her new business book, What’s Your Point?: Cut The Crap, Hit The Mark & Stick! demonstrates that business success in the future—next cell call, next post, next conversation, next meeting, next day, next week, next year—is your choice. Years of experience do not automatically make you an expert communicator nor, automatically, the best you can be. Effective strategic communication, across media and across generations, from social networking to sustainable relationships, demands that results matter every time. Do you understand what helps and what hinders your consistency? You may believe you have all the answers, but do you really understand what the new questions are?
Discover 7 Commonly-Perpetuated Communication Mistakes that are repeated by professionals in every context from social media to face-to-face conversations and that get in the way of making your 21st -Century point. These errors linger on—online and off—for a number of easily-reversible, but misunderstood reasons. Since these Mistakes are virtually invisible to the perpetrator, these seemingly simple miscommunications are not simple for individuals or organizations to eliminate permanently. No profession or industry is immune.
If you are not clear what point you are making and why, how can you communicate effectively—online or off?
Course Code: 551
3 Continuing Education Credits (3 hours)
Available in 1-hour, 2-hour, and 3-hour sessions
Explore the 7 Commonly-Perpetuated Communication Mistakes to understand what you need to unlearn and unknow to communicate effectively—online and off—in these redefining times:
1. Learn to identify the 7 Commonly-Perpetuated Communication Mistakes in your communication and in that of others.
2. Experience the difference that awareness of these Mistakes makes to communication, problem solving, and strategic planning.
3. Explore the simple process for sharpening your Communication Edge to effectively and consistently make your point relevant to clients and others who matter.
4. Examine why making mistakes is not the problem, and why consciously and unconsciously repeating the same mistakes, without learning from these short-comings, is the BIG MISTAKE.
5. Discover 7 easy-to-use, highly-memorable solutions to the 7 Commonly-Perpetuated Communication Mistakes.
6. Understand what must be unlearned and unknown about communication to avoid these Mistakes in the future, and concentrate on consistently and effectively making your point, in any situation, in any medium.
© PJ Wade TheCatalyst.com. All rights reserved.
About Facilitator & Catalyst PJ Wade
Strategist & Futurist PJ Wade cleverly merges and purges communication essentials and emerging trends to share the best of both in innovative practical terms. As The Catalyst, PJ provides Strategic Communication, Client Appreciation, Value Enhancement, and Advanced Education Services to the finance, real estate, tourism, hospitality, lifestyle, and service sectors—and the clients they serve. PJ is author of more than 1800 published articles, broadcast programming, blogs, and 8 books—the latest is “What’s Your Point?” PJ’s unique, age-free, borderless view of the future catalyzes others to embrace effective communication—online and off—with all its 21st Century force…a talent she regularly demonstrates.
For more, visit www.TheCatalyst.com